This refreshing drink goes down way too fast.
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SYRUP:
• 1 cup sliced strawberries
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup water
• 1-ounce strawberry syrup
• 2 ounces whiskey
• 2 ounces lemon juice
• Fresh strawberries and lemon slices, for garnish
1. Stir together strawberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over low heat.
2. Bring strawberry mixture to a low simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until strawberries have softened and sugar has dissolved about 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from the heat and let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
3. Strain syrup into a bowl or measuring cup through a mesh strainer to remove the strawberry pieces.
4. In a shaker, combine strawberry syrup, whiskey, and lemon juice. Add a handful of ice and shake to combine.
5. Pour whiskey lemonade over ice into drinking glasses. Garnish with fresh strawberries and lemon slices.